The Process Engineer plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to improve efficiency of operations while maintaining Company established safety standards.
- Support manufacturing operations when needed.
- Study functional statements, organization charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of team members and work units to identify areas of duplication.
- Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Develop standardized work instructions as required.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of team members and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving team member efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating workstations and equipment and purchase of equipment.
- Confer with management and engineering to implement plans and recommendations.
- May directly supervise Process Specialists, if any, in the Process Engineering Department.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline preferably mechanical engineering.
- Three plus years related experience within process engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing principles such as Kaizen, 5S, six sigma and TPS (Toyota Production Systems)
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Should be a self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Should be detail oriented with plant floor layout experience.
- Must have mechanical aptitude; an innovator who thinks outside the box.
- Should have the ability to lead brainstorming activities, problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Ability to design machinery components on/for existing equipment.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems and components.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software; design software; development software; Internet software; manufacturing software; project management software; spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, Autocad, Minitab, Oracle ERP system).
- This is a hands-on position that will require work on occasional weekends and holidays as projects are implemented.