Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The Somerset, Kentucky, facility opened in 2005, and is a dynamic and fast-paced plant with more than 350 team members, all intensely focused on improving production systems and overall efficiency. UGN Somerset is a 300,000 square foot manufacturing facility, the first to produce the Ultra-Light™ acoustic carpet system. Throughout the years, the Somerset plant has received many health and safety awards, including the “Perfect Record Award” from the National Safety Council, and the Manpower Safety Partner Award. In 2011, it also was awarded the Honda Green Factory Achievement Award for Recognition of Green Factory Activities in the area of Conservation of Natural Resources.
The Process Engineer plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to improve efficiency of operations while maintaining Company established safety standards.
- Support manufacturing operations when needed.
- Study functional statements, organization charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of team members and work units to identify areas of duplication.
- Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Develop standardized work instructions as required.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of team members and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving team member efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating workstations and equipment and purchase of equipment.
- Confer with management and engineering to implement plans and recommendations.
- May directly supervise Process Specialists, if any, in the Process Engineering Department.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline preferably mechanical engineering.
- Three plus years related experience within process engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing principles such as Kaizen, 5S, six sigma and TPS (Toyota Production Systems)
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Should be a self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Should be detail oriented with plant floor layout experience.
- Must have mechanical aptitude; an innovator who thinks outside the box.
- Should have the ability to lead brainstorming activities, problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Ability to design machinery components on/for existing equipment.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems and components.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software; design software; development software; Internet software; manufacturing software; project management software; spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, Autocad, Minitab, Oracle ERP system).
- This is a hands-on position that will require work on occasional weekends and holidays as projects are implemented.
Click here for more information and to apply.