Performs repairs and rebuilding of Caterpillar and allied equipment without direct supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year previous mechanical experience preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend repair manuals
- Ability to use micrometer and other basic measuring tools
- Ability to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
- Must be able to work overtime including weekends, as required
- Willingness to learn and be trained
- Lifts parts and equipment components that weigh a minimum of 70 pounds when assisting mechanics or working alone to make repairs to equipment
- Performs various mechanical functions, to make repairs or rebuild components using appropriate tooling
- Operates construction machinery to move same in and out of shop service bays and test
- Operates material handling equipment as required
- Learns to use all test equipment and procedures to correctly and safely make repairs
- Keeps work area clean and orderly; follows all work safety rules and procedures
- Projects a positive company image by interacting with fellow employees, customers, and management in a cooperative, supportive and courteous manner; displays an attitude of professionalism; complies with company dress code
- Maintains a high degree of discretion in handling confidential/sensitive information and exercise initiative in all assigned areas
- Ensures accuracy of work orders by charging parts and labor to proper work order segment
- Works with hazardous waste and receives Hazardous Waste Training every year
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned
Click here for more information and to apply.